Monday, July 26, 2010

How's the weather?

Today our class visited Hampton Court. As the nature girl that I am, I found myself much more enthralled with the gardens than with the palace itself. The sky was overcast, however, and we did catch a little rain while walking among the flowers.

I've noticed that the weather here is difficult to predict. In Florida when the skies are cloudy, chances are pretty high that it's going to rain. Here though, gray clouds merely signify gray clouds. Unless one conults weather.com, it's difficult to guess with any precision whether or not one is going to get caught in a drizzle while strolling along the garden paths. To top it off, the weather forecasts appear finicky. So although the weather station might state 70% chance of rain for the morning, one might awaken to find that this has dropped to 0%.

Overall, it takes some getting used to the different climate. I'm used to bright sunshine when I get up in the morning. But it seems as though each morning here has revealded an overcast sky. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about this! I quite like the cooler air and the capricious nature of the climate. Yet it certainly takes some adjusting to get used to it. And I do experience moments where I miss the warm Florida sunshine...

Check out the video below that I recorded in Bath; this should give you good idea of what a typical day in England is like. (Typical for what I've experienced so far!). What do you think about those clouds?

No comments:

Post a Comment